Monday, August 2, 2010

Craft Fair at Ducketts Grove Carlow

Once again it's been eons since my last confession,
But you know how it is girls on holiday from school, work, Etsy etc etc,

Anyhoo I just had to stop by and tell you all about the Fab Craft Fair I attended yesterday

I was coming home from an early morning shopping trip into Carlow Town when I spotted a sign for the Craft Fair in Ducketts Grove.

We had attended it last year and it was fab! So I rushed haome picked up my man and the girls and we headed off.

Held in the grounds of Ducketts Grove Castle a gorgeous setting.


Filled with wonderful crafts which included jewelry, pottery,wood turning & glass painting.

My favourites however were the Traditional Irish Craft demonstrations

Basket Weaving on a HUGE scale


Butter Making, Yarn Spinning
Thatching
And my girls favourite Horse Shoeing


It is wonderful to see these ancient crafts alive and thriving in the 21st century but even more so to see them first hand.

Also included were delicious hand made cheeses and Artisan meats, aswell as hand made chocolates yum!


I got talking to a lot of the crafters and spread the love of Etsy as best I could so maybe we'll get a few more Irish sellers :)













A great day was had by all and I came home full of inspiration

Happy Crafting Y'all :)
Basket Weaving by Padraig Larkin, Co.Offaly www.padraiglarkin.com
Weaving by Mary O'Rourke ,Dublin Dublin Mountain Craft Trail
Hand Thrown Pottery by Marion Graham, Baunreagh Pottery Carlow



6 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I would love to have had a closer look at the ceramics and spinning. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right - the setting is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a GREAT day!
    Thank you all for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. now thats what I call a craft show :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a awesome show! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete